Group Project finished!

March 13, 2009

Although i am rather late at puttin it up on here, my group project with Matt and Joe was finished and presented over a week ago and here it is!

The final presentation went pretty well, other than the fact the music didn’t suit it greatly and it all seemed rather bundled together – meaning we need to of planned it more.
If we had planned it all at the start we could of all had similar parts, as Matt’s and mine were a similar idea, actually physically making the animation, where as Joe’s was more abstract. However, Matt changed his idea half way through production so we didn’t know it what it was going to be about until Joe had finished his part, and therefore unable to completely start from scratch.

There were a lot of problems when we were compileing all three clips together, but that allowed Matt to be able to fonish his just in the nick of time as we burnt it all to DVD, which Joe foolishly refused Matt to test on the big screen as it worked on his laptop, and therefore didnt work on the television the next day at the presentation.
In the end i think Joe was better than Matt when it came to organising how he planned and completed his work and he actually stuck with the production plan he produced for us all, as did i (roughly). But if we were to do this project again i would not do a similar idea, i would rather do a more linear storyline, as aplitting it into three made it difficult for people to tell what was going on.


Final Drawing Workshop

November 28, 2008

…of this semester at least , haha.

To start the lesson off, we had to draw the figures using only simple angular lines to represent the bodies. And then eventually we could add on to the simple lines.

Then for this next part of the lesson we had to draw the figures but with our eyes closed or not looking at the paper or with our opposite hand.

The after those we had to drawn the figure uside down and then draw the figure of a person walking around the room, but with the different stages – then we had to do the same task but so the figure has changed emotions.

Here we had to continue our emotive walks and skips, then we had to draw the figure but by only using the shadows cast by a lamp and finally had to draw the same pose but using a different kind of line to show anger, optimism and confusion.

Same task as before with the various kinds of lines, but with a different model and different emotions, followed then by a storyboard using either of the models we had done.


Lip Synching Workshop

November 21, 2008

This is a compilation of short clips of lip synch i made with George in Lydia’s Lip Synch Workshop last tuesday.
We were given a small sound clip from a larger one (or in our case too very small clips) which we then animated and put into a whole sequence.

I found it very fun to cut out and put the parts into action, and the synching on the Drago program was not very hard to pick up at all. I will most defenitly be attempting something like this again sometime!


Abstract Cannons

November 17, 2008

Last fridays Drawing workshop was all about abstract art, and in the second half of the day, We had to paint to the music of the radio – occassionally doing literally what was being said on the radio but most of the time just painting more abstractlly, then ending in a paragraph which was read from a book that we had to paint how we were visualising it.

I didn’t personally find doing this to be to my taste, because im not a huge fan of creating or seeing abstarct art in general, but at least i can say i had tried it.

And i also forgot to post this animation testfrom a week ago, which Joe helped shoot at home and then upload it into flash to then edit:

It is a cannon firing animation test, one of my better attempts, considering the cannon appears to have a mind of its own and fires and moves back smoothly.